Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Head on Paper Again

I should be studying for my exam Tuesday and so I am trying to keep myself away from the television this evening. But, even without the tv my head keeps fantasizing, so I get the same unproductive result.

This is an old image which I look at often. I saw it for the first time on the western coast of Michigan's Lower Peninsula when I was on the Michigander Bike Ride (a week long bike ride tour) in the summer of 2004. I have embellished my drawing with a little fantasy. Missing is Lake Michigan on the horizon behind the forest to the west (left) and I have converted a forest into a wheat field.

When I saw this scene, I thought it was just so idyllic. A perfect little farm house perched on a hill surrounded by a lush field full of sheep. If only you could really see inside my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment