Thursday, March 4, 2010

Early March in Cottbus, Germany

The snow is melting and temperatures are warming up a little. Songbirds are providing an outdoor soundtrack.

I'm not usually much into small dogs, but this little dude had soft fur, a cute face, and was pretty friendly. I walked an utterly fantastic black lab last week who let me hug him and stroke his thick, soft coat. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of that big lug. The fishing ponds are still frozen, but the snow has mostly ceased covering land surfaces.



The ducks have been active all winter in the unfrozen Spree River and I have been particularly intrigued by this non-mallard duck variety, mostly because it isn't mallard. Some internet searching has lead to me knowing that this is a Common Goldeneye pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment