Sunday, May 16, 2010

From the Kitchen

I got up this morning wanting to eat something that would make me really happy. Since it was a noontime breakfast I knew that whatever I ate, it was going to be a sandwich, but there are a lot of options when it comes to sandwiches. It was on my to-do list to go for a jog this afternoon, so I wanted the sandwich to be hearty. I contemplated a grilled cheese sandwich, but when I opened the fridge I saw the eggs and ham and had the brilliant thought that those two could go really well together with cheese. While the egg was frying I scanned the kitchen for any other ideas for stuff to make my sandwich experience amazing. My eyes landed on the pickles. I contemplated the pickles, but thought they might be a weird addition. The idea of a related and possibly more appropriate food popped in my head, cucumber, but upon investigating my veggies I realized that I've currently got zucchini and not cucumber on hand. So, my pickle argument seemed to be supported and I went for it. It turned out to definitely be the right decision! What a tasty sandwich! I didn't take a picture because I wasn't sure how it would turn out taste-wise, but here's the list of ingredients so you can make one yourself!

Whole wheat bread (buttered on the insides)

Gouda Cheese (or any other white cheese) sandwiching the rest of the ingredients

Slice of ham

Sliced up pickle

Fried egg

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment