Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Learning Fast

Sometimes we have the luxury of learning slowly, but other times the hassle of washing blankets and sheets is way too much and lessons need to be learned fast. As previously (and joyously, I might add) mentioned, Tiao Tiao now enjoys hopping up on my bed. The downside to this is that he also enjoys going to the bathroom on my bed. I think it is because he feels like he is on soft Earth or something like that and he "digs a hole" in my blankets (i.e. shifts the top blanket around) where he can go to the bathroom. After two instances of "bedwetting" I decided that I had to think like a mother and figure out a solution to my child's problem. Knowing that I couldn't change his behavior, I sought a solution in which I had control. What does a mother do to protect a bed from "bedwetting"? She puts plastic under the sheet. So, I looked around my room, found out I possessed enough large plastic bags, and tried it out. Worked like a charm. He "dug" through the top, easily washable blanket, and did his business on the plastic. The plastic was super easy to clean, meaning much less cleaning work for me and I get to go to bed in a clean bed.

Here's a photo of my solution and Tiao Tiao's work


1 comment:

  1. Eeeyouu. Might be better to just keep him in his cage most of the time, let him out to exercise once in awhile and to play with him, and keep him off your bed! That's what I would do. But that's your choice if you want to have to wash your bedding that often. Looks gross.

    ReplyDelete