Saturday, April 24, 2010

AOK Spokeswoman (Unofficial)

Last Summer the health of my skin decided to majorly go on the fritz for reasons I don't know. I first began using cheap, harsh products which just seemed to anger my skin more. Then, when I was a guest in someone else's home I saw a different brand of face wash and decided to give it a try. During the couple of days I tried it out, I found that my skin seemed to like it. So, when I returned home I checked out the full line of products this brand had to offer.

I first started with just the AOK Regular Wash Gel for Clean Skin Above 20 Years Old. To accompany this I would use a "calming" face mask about once a week. I eventually decided that perhaps it would be just as effective or more effective and definitely more economical to purchase a face moisturizer. I first went with just the AOK nighttime moisturizer because I couldn't imagine that there should be such a huge difference between day and night creams. But, eventually I caved and got the AOK daytime cream as well because I could tell that the nighttime cream was working and I trusted that the daytime cream would provide additional benefits.

The conclusion here is, with this suite of AOK facial skin products my skin has gone from scary to nice. Sure, my face isn't yet perfect, but most people's aren't. I think the reason this product line works so well is because even the wash gel keeps the skin hydrated while it washes away yuck. When skin is properly hydrated, it is elastic and can process yuck in a reasonable fashion.

Thank You AOK

5 comments:

  1. I approve of this cosmetic message. Do they sell it in the States? If so, maybe it can help these mysterious pimples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just searched the internet and when on the AOK Brand page there is a link at the bottom for U.S. residents, but when you follow the link you come to "Henkel" products, which is apparently a branch of "Schwarzkopf" in the U.S., and from looking through their products, it doesn't look like AOK is in the U.S..

    Here's my two thoughts: 1) you look for a similar product line which uses gentle, age appropriate facial care or 2) we trade products which are good on our continents but not sold in the other -- Dark Chocolate M&Ms get exported to Europe and AOK facial products get exported to the U.S.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have a few Schwarzkopf products, unfortunately they're not for my skin, instead they're for my hair.

    This trade of illegal goods sounds sketchy and tariff-heavy! Haha, but I'll look into dark chocolate M&Ms. I haven't seen them for awhile, but they're bound to be out there. Dun dun dunnnnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. After I wrote my idea about the product swapping I did get to thinking about whether there would be governmental charges placed upon either party, but I think it's tariff free if it's a gift and below a certain value. I'll make sure to keep it cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, I think it should be ok. They usually go by the declared cost on the customs slip anyway. But, I know that when sending "gifts" to the UK, they can be charged if they're over $25 (I think). Good thing you're not hanging out with the British.

    ReplyDelete