Friday, December 4, 2009

Black

Preface: I love wearing black. It's easy to pair with other clothing items and it is soothing to the eye.

Context:
I am sitting in the library among 5 other people and every single one of us is wearing black. Some of us have it on top and bottom, some just top or bottom.

Question: Is it a current western style thing to wear so much black (ie Germany and USA), or is it just a current local thing to wear so much black (ie Germany)?

Additionally:
Everyone wears black or olive green winter coats! I confess that I too own an olive green autumn coat and a dark gray winter coat. But, my typical winter coat (and the only one I have here in Germany) and my raincoat are both very brightly colored (winter -- yellow, rain -- red). I walk across campus and see a sea of dark coats. In a way I feel special, but I also feel a little awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment