Monday, May 4, 2009

Dr. David J. Burdon, ETC.

I read a book this weekend called "The Geology of Jordan" and it was written by a British man named David J. Burdon. Typically, well-educated people will have one or two titles accompanying their names, like PhD or M.Sc.. Well, this guy must have been something special because this is what follows his name.

David J. Burdon
Ph.D., M.Sc., B.E., D.I.C., A.C.S.M., A.M.I.M.M., P.A.I.W.C., F.G.S., ETC.

ETC!?!!!!!! He's already got 8 titles! How can there be ETC.?!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, some people have way too many initials behind their names. I have read nursing articles and some people seem like they spend their lives in classes they have so many titles.
    How they keep track of them all to remember to write them, correctly, I don't know.

    ReplyDelete