Thursday, May 21, 2009

It is Hot in Here

Today I am applying a skill which I learned from my years of schooling: keep all the lights off to keep the temperature down. It can be said that this technique is working for the temperature-sensitive Sedigraph, but I am still sweltering. I've got on shorts and a tanktop, but it isn't cutting it. My poor chocolate bar feels sad about the heat too ; )

Time Jump to the End of the Work Day: I am going to know the entire anatomy of that Sedigraph creature by the time I am done with it. I discovered today where my sample goes when the holding container is too full. So, I played with screws and knobs until I had everything nice and clean again.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are learning more about analyzing soil samples than you had in mind. Sorry you've had to deal with all that. But I guess that's the life of a research scientist sometimes, eh? Hope that machine isn't eating away too many of your samples so you can't get accurate results.

    ReplyDelete