Wednesday, May 20, 2009

VEGETABLES!!!!

I said it last Fall after a carbohydrate overload, but I think it needs saying again. Eat your veggies. They are good for you. I know that there are a lot of vegetable haters out there, but please, listen to my argument. I don't care so much about the vitamin value of veggies, although it is wonderful. I am concerned with what veggies do for my "system", if you know what I mean. Four days of carbohydrates, meats, and fruits and I was feeling like a lethargic block. Add some veggies and I am feeling so much better. It was hard to convince myself to eat that veggie/lentil combo tonight because of how all that other stuff was making me feel, but man was it worth it. Eating only fruit as a remedy for the system just doesn't cut it. I don't know how all you veggie haters survive. As for me, I love vegetables! And I'm proud to declare it.

4 comments:

  1. Meats? You go away to Germany and you're transformed. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering about that too. Have you decided to give up being a vegan/vegetarian for just a regular diet with more vegetables in it than most people consume?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a constantly evolving being. Germany has pretty high animal product standards, and I am trying to decrease my "scrawn".

    ReplyDelete
  4. You aren't scrawny. Someone has been putting ideas in your head. I wonder who.

    ReplyDelete