Sunday, January 24, 2010

Confidence

Word of Life: Confidence

The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines confidence as

1a) a feeling or consciousness of one's powers or of reliance on one's circumstances

1b) faith or belief that one will act in a right, proper, or effective way

I think that this word holds the key to life for me. In whatever I do, from relationships to work to play, I am required to be confident in myself.

I often don't feel confident. Every look, whisper, word put in my direction feels like a pillow being stuffed over my face. But, inside my head I have a dialogue running, telling myself positive statements.

Confidence can work in my life in a great variety of ways. One important way is knowing what will make me happy as an individual. Everyone around me always has expectations and judgments of me, but confidence is my key to fulfilling my own expectations and judgments of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment