Saturday, January 23, 2010

More Tabu

and some Body Talk too!

Yesterday evening I joined several of my frisbee comrades for a game night. It was wonderful to hang out with this group outside of frisbee. We played Taboo and Body Talk (like Charades) and watched a classic French movie called "Louis and the out-of-this-world heads of cabbage". The main actor, Louis de Funes, is very famous here in Germany for his collection of comedy roles from 1946 to 1982. The movie was pretty corny, but something interesting to watch with a group.

I learned a few new words from the games. One of the Body Talk cards I passed on because I didn't know the meaning happened to be this lovely statement "in die Nase popeln", which means "pick one's nose"!!! I love learning such important phrases like that! One night at frisbee several months ago I had a wedgy, so I asked a girl how to say that in German. The phrase sounded so cool, "arsch frisst Hose (say 'hose-uh'), that I proudly declared my new knowledge to Christin when I got home. She asked me why someone taught me such a phrase and I told her that I learned it because I asked! My German language skills are still at the 4 year old level, but constantly growing in all directions!

No comments:

Post a Comment