Thursday, July 2, 2009

Roommate Update

I suppose I should update you on my housemates again. Pratibha is still here and keeping me good company. She leaves on July 30th and that will be a sad, sad day. A molecular biology doctorate student named Sabastian is living in the room next to me. He is here in Erlangen only for a short while to perform tests on rats in the neurology lab at the university. His university in Koln (Cologne) where he has completed all of the tests leading up to the live animal tests does not have rats, so he had to come to the university here. Sabastian is very friendly and a lot of fun to chat with in both German and English. Living in the room next to Pratibha is Louis, who if you can't tell by the name, is French. Louis is working at an internship at Areva, which is a company related to Siemens. Louis is a decently friendly guy, but his English isn't very good and he doesn't know hardly any German, so it is a pain in the brain to talk with him. He is actually here in Germany to learn English, which I find funny. He was going to live in this house for 6 months, but due to recent developments in his financial situation (he found out that certain taxes were being removed from his paychecks), he is most likely going to be moving into a cheaper, less desirable abode. He will be missed a little, but I'm hoping someone I can actually converse with will move in to replace him. That covers it for the human inhabitants...

Now for the animals...A bird tried to move in to my room a few days ago by flying through my window. It didn't work. He died on impact. Felix the cat has been adventuring into the entry hallway of the house in recent days. With him he brings ticks who like to burrow into his thick hair or crawl onto human hands who pick him up. Yup, not picking up the adorable little kitty any more this summer. The indoor spiders have been behaving themselves and sticking to their respectable corners, for the most part. One thick guy tried climbing along the wall next to my bed, but I attempted to squash him and either succeeded or disabled him enough that he fell to the floor in a handicapped state. Now I think that covers it for an update on my housemates.

No comments:

Post a Comment