Friday, July 31, 2009

Völkel-Prohaska Family, Sabastian, and Me



Pratibha returned to India Thursday morning and Louis is moving to a new apartment today. Wednesday night was a festive occasion when everyone in the house and the landlord's family got together for photos and socializing. In the one photo you can see my landlord Reinhard with his wife, Erika, and son, Jan. Erika is the painter of the pictures I showed you and Jan is the boy I went swimming with in the local lake. The other picture is of my wall-mate Sabastian who I have attended the opera with a couple of times. I have previously posted a photo of Pratibha and me, and there's no photos of Louis because he and I never really spent time together, so I am going to let his image fade from my memory in due time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have posted pictures of people you live with and the landlord's family. It's always nice to put a face with a name. It's to bad Pratibha had to leave. I know you were enjoying her company. Also gave you another girl in the house to live with. Oh well. It was nice of you guys to have a "going away" party for them. Made them feel special or like they will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will be missed.

    The new resident in Pratibha's room is a French girl named Camille. But, more about her later in a blog entry.

    ReplyDelete