Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bird Babies in Autumn?



In this tree outside my bedroom there is a bird family. From what I understand, it's not normal for birds to have babies in Autumn, but I guess this family wanted to be a little different. Maybe Ma and Pa took a long time dating around before they found each other and fell in love. Maybe they got back late from winter vacation last Spring. Maybe they are both more book-smart than practical-smart and couldn't figure out how to build a nest. Maybe they are just idiots because they've got at least 4 baby birds in that nest who don't have enough time to grow up before winter comes.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully they'll be ready for Winter by the time it arrives. Maybe they were late being born, but if that wasn't good in nature, I doubt it would have happened. Maybe more are born later than Spring than we think. Keep an I on them and keep us posted about their progress.

    ReplyDelete