Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cottbus Animal Shelter




It seems to rain on 99% of the days I go to the animal shelter. It worked out for the best on the day I took these pictures because the world looks really beautiful when it's cloudy and wet. We walk on paths alongside the Spree River and farm fields.

The doggy in the photo is Kalla! I know, you were probably thinking that Hannibal the Cannibal had transformed into a dog! I usually walk him. He's a lab mix, perhaps 3 years old, full of energy, and sweet. He has to wear the muzzle because he gets really excited around other dogs (in a bad way). Kalla likes to walk fast but typically partially adheres to my requests to not pull on the leash.

2 comments:

  1. You and Dad think cloudy, rainy days make the world look more beautiful. Not me. I love the sunshine and think the colors of the trees or at least the beautiful blue sky is much more beautiful than clouds and rain. But, then again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Enjoy.
    Poor Kalla. He does look cute, but too bad he gets a bit nasty with other dogs. Oh well. As long as he doesn't mind the muzzle and he gets you to take him out for a nice walk, I am sure he's happy. Esp. happy to see you each day you come for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to lie. My first thought when I saw this post was "Of course, leave it to Laurie to befreind the only rabid dog in Germany..."
    However, upon reading it became more clear and I no longer fear for your safety.

    ReplyDelete